As usual the deal will not last so be hurry! Amazon has two silver GH2 cameras in Stock (Click here). The GH2 in Stock status is continually changing so keep checking those three websites from time to time: Amazon US, Adorama, BHphoto.
That’s bad news. The very popular Panasonic GF1 has been now discontinued. The source is BHphoto (Click here). And Adorama (Click here) doesn’t list any kit version! Also Amazon is selling the GF1 via third party resellers only. But at least they have a very good deal. The Panasonic GF1 Body only is in Stock for $299 (Click here).
Like you I don’t believe the GF2 has to be seen as the real GF1 successor. My bet is that there will be a GF3 soon!
More deals news:
It’s almost impossible to find the Panasonic GH2 in Stock. That’s why third party resellers on Amazon are selling the camera for $2,399.99! That’s a $900 extra price…be warned! You pay a similar extra on GH2 cameras that are on auction on eBay.
In those days the real deals are on lenses:
– The Panasonic 100-300mm lens is in Stock for $565 at Amazon (Click here). That’s a 35 dollar discount.
– Panasonic 7-14mm f/4.0 for $849 at Amazon (Click here).
– Not a deal but an in Stock alert: 3D lens now at Amazon and Adorama.
You asked me to find a picture of the back of the new Olympus E-PL2. This is all I got, a small 200px picture. It shows a blue E-Pl2 with the Penpal module attached. If you have better images feel free to share them using imageshack!
P.S.: You can also use the Penpal module on the Olympus E-PL1 and Olympus E-P2.
P.P.S.: You should watch this http://www.differentbypentax.com/#/video/4d2323b0bf950 😉
Because of the increasing numbers of visitor I have to cover new sevrer costs. That’s why I aks you for a little help. If you usually make shopping at Amazon feel free to bookmark those links. They do contain a 43rumors affiliate code. Once clicked you can buy whatever you want and we I will earn a small commssion from it without you paying any cent more. It’s a perfect solution to make you pay nothing and at the same time to help me to keep running this website! Thanks!!
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=
Amazon Canada: http://www.amazon.ca/?tag=43rumors0e-20
Amazon Deutschland: http://www.amazon.de/?tag=43rumors03-21
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/?tag=43rum-21
Amazon France: http://www.amazon.fr/?tag=43r-21
Amazon Italia: http://www.amazon.it/?tag=rumors-21
1) Trustedreviews tested the GF2. The camera earns 8.5 out of 10 points. Verdict: “While the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 is a worthy successor to the existing and soon to be phased out GF1, it’s not the most direct, like-for-like replacement. This means that existing owners may well want to hang on to the camera they’ve already got – especially if they value the tactile nature of a chunky physical shooting mode dial over a virtual screen-based equivalent.”
2) Photoreview Australia also tested the GF2. Also in that case the score is very good 8.5/10. Verdict: “Snapshooters looking for a pocketable camera with a large image sensor and support for raw file capture and Full HD video recording may find the GF2 an attractive option. Serious photographers who want a compact camera as an adjunct or alternative to a DSLR will probably need to keep looking.”
3) SLRclub posted a very long and korean written only E-5 review. As usual they do post everything as a jpg image so google translate can’t work. But there are plenty of test images, charts and videos you can analyze for yourself.
4) There is also an english written E-5 review at Pixiq: “If you already own Zuiko Digital lenses the cost of trading up to this camera will pay off, providing the most effective Olympus technology and the greatest versatility. ”
Reminder: According to Amazon UK the Panasonic GF2 should be in Stock on January 24. And you get a free photography gift pack worth £150 when you preorder the camera now. If you are non-japanese the only way to get the GF2 now is through ebay where they have a few items in Stock (Click here).
3,601 43rumors readers voted the poll for the best (Micro-) Four Thirds product of the year. And the winner is the Panasonic GH2 with 1,150 votes (32%)!
That’s probably not a big surprise. The Voigtländer 25mm lens is on place two with 598 votes (17%). And on third place we have the Olympus E-5 with 530 votes (15%). As you can see the high-end products are on top of the list. The Panasonic G10 had 4 votes only….that’s why BHphoto discontinued it?
And the worst placed lens is the Olympus 40-150mm lens with 6 votes.
The product of the year 2009 was the Panasonic GF1.
Those are the results:
The product of the year is the...
- Panasonic GH2 (32%, 1,150 Votes)
- Voigtländer 25mm lens (17%, 598 Votes)
- Olympus E-5 (15%, 530 Votes)
- Olympus E-PL1 (12%, 450 Votes)
- Panasonic GF2 (5%, 183 Votes)
- Panasonic AG-AF100 (4%, 160 Votes)
- Olympus 9-18mm lens (4%, 150 Votes)
- Panasonic 14mm lens (2%, 81 Votes)
- Panasonic G2 (2%, 70 Votes)
- Panasonic 100-300mm lens (2%, 70 Votes)
- Olympus 14-150mm lens (1%, 38 Votes)
- Noktor 50mm lens (1%, 38 Votes)
- Lensbaby for Micro Four Thirds (1%, 23 Votes)
- Panasonic 8mm fisheye (0%, 17 Votes)
- SLRmagic 35mm (0%, 13 Votes)
- Olympus 75-300mm lens (0%, 10 Votes)
- Panasonic 12.5mm 3D lens (0%, 10 Votes)
- Olympus 40-150mm lens (0%, 6 Votes)
- Panasonic G10 (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,601