In the fiscal first quarter (April-June 2010) Olympus sold 18% less cameras than in the quarter before. The result is not surprising if you consider that there have been no new FourThirds camera for a year now. “Only” two MicroFourThirds cameras, the Olympus E-P2 and the Olympus E-PL1 have been announced since July 2009. 43rumors expects at least two new Olympus cameras to be announced at Photokina (E-5 and a new Pen). Let’s see if that will stop the sales loss.
According to 43rumors sources the AG-AF100 will use a “tweaked” sensor which works slightly different than the GH1 and GH2. Panasonic could use a “non RGB flow” that is optimized for the video codec. One of our sources also added an awesome detail: Panasonic is working on a loss less compression! He doesn’t know if that compression will be added to the camera but he knows they are working on it!
FT1=probably fake rumor
FT2=rumor from unkown sources
FT3=50% chance it is correct
FT4=rumor from known sources
FT5=almost certainly correct!
Sorry guys if I am failing to answer your mails or posting your links to video or articles. I have been very busy lately so if I forgot something please resend me your message.
I am currently working on a lot of bugfixes and new features:
– BUG: The camera database doesn’t scroll when you are inside an article. On homepage the scrolling works.
– FEATURE: New logo will be made soon
– FEATURE: Press release, reviews and user reviews will be added for every camera and lens
– FEATURE: Also an adapter list will be added
– FEATURE: Avatar will be shown in the comment system
– FEATURE: Every user will have the possibility to create a photographic album.
– FEATURE: Forum and Wiki will e added with the next verison of buddypress (expected to be released in few weeks)
– FEATURE: There has been a reader suggestion -> SHould we add an Artist Database? A list of important photographers that actually do work with MicroFourThirds cameras
– BUG: Better pagination with numbers (1,2,3…)
– BUG: we have a major problem with the 43rumros database. An important plugin is causing slow loading times. That’s probably the biggest challenge for us
I am very busy at this moment but still working on new rumors. We are currently experiencing the famous “silence before the storm”
So don’t worry, there will be hot rumors soon!
Last week Panasonic launched a 3D camcorder and a 3D lens for MicroFourThirds. The in depth review of the HDC-SDT750 camcorder has been posted on camcorderinfo (Click here to read it). The article may be also helpful if you want to know how the 3D lens will work on your MicroFourThirds camera.
Reminder: The 3D lens is not available for preorder. The HDC-SDT750 is available for preorder ($1,399.95).
Reminder: The rumor is not from our sources that’s why it has a “FT2″ value (unreliable rumor from unknown source)
The japanese website blog.livedoor postes some possible GH2 specs. The camera could be announced by August 19.
14 Megapixel LiveMOS (new design)
1080/60p (up to 24Mbps) AVCHD
EVF is 360Hz (RGB × 120Gz) / SXGA / LCD monitor can tilt back and forth movable / 960 × RGB × 540 / Kuotafuru HD (Hitachi Displays)
AF is slightly faster than ever
Real-time Output HDMI
Kit available woth the 14-140mm F4.0-5.6 HD OIS or/and 12-75mm F2.5-3.3 HD OIS
Body colors – graphite and titanium.
In the meanhwile a chinese store list the new Panasonic GF2 (definitely not a reliable rumor source!!!)