Quite many 43rumors readers got a scary message because of the following Amazon message they got the last few hours:
“Amazon US delay notice for 75mm: “Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75mm f1.8 High-Grade Portrait Lens”
New Delivery Estimate: September 13, 2012 – November 13, 2012”
We had this many times in the past. I wouldn’t get too worried about it! I am sure you will get your lens sooner than expected (at least that is what “some” US dealer told me). The good news is that the lens is now shipping in Europe. I got the two pictures from 43rumor readers:
Olympus Lens alternatives (if you don’t care about the missing autofocus and electronic contacts):
1) Dallmeyer 75mm f/1.9 (Here on eBay). This is an extremely expensive lens and I don’t know why it is so. Only crazy guys would buy that :)
2) Leica Summilux 75mm f/1.4 (Here on eBay). Extraordinary high quality lens for an extraordinary price (although it’s still less expensive than the mysterious Dallmeyer). It’s the fastest of all 75mm lenses
3) Zeiss Biotar 75mm f/1.5 (Here on eBay). Fast and also a bit exotic lens made for the Exacta series.
4) Leica Summarit 75mm f/2.5 (Here on eBay). High quality and relatively compact lens. A bit slow compared to the Olympus (f/2.5).
5) Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f/1.8 (Here on eBay). Probably the best alternative of the new Olympus 75mm f/1.8 lens. Same aperture, superb high quality and cheaper.
6) Fujinon 75mm f/1.8 (Here on eBay). This is a very cheap TV lens and I don’t expect the quality to be very good. I wouldn’t buy that unlike your really need that focal length and you have a very low budget.