Amateur Photographer drops the BOMB!
“The Olympus E system of Four Thirds cameras is likely to be completely mirrorless in two years time, according to Olympus America’s DSLR product manager.”
“Soon the AF system in the Pen cameras will be as fast as that in the E system DSLRs so there it will be possible to get just as good AF performance without the mirror system.”
We did receive similar rumors during the past weeks but we thought it would be better to not post it until we have something more concrete in our hands. Now the Olympus US product manager says that the E-System will become mirrorless. I guess that confirms the rumors we received!
1) The E-System will be completely mirrorless in two years time.
2) Fully electronic shutter could be introduced that would make extremely high frames rates such as 20fps possible
3) AF system in the Pen cameras will be as fast as that in the E system DSLRs
4) The FourThirds lenses will be used on smaller and lighter more modern bodies
5) 14 million pixels are more than enough
UPDATE: And now Olympus says “that 14 million pixels are more than enough for a consumer level camera” -> That confirms that the next sensor will have 14MPX. Anyway strange… one year ago they said 12MPX would be enough…now 14 MPX is enough…
P.S.: The Olympus E-PL1 is in Stock at BHphoto!
I am surprised! It is already in Stock here at BH:
SonyAlphaRumors just found the official Sony press release.
Here the important part of the text:
“New concept α products being shown include an ultra compact model with interchangeable lenses”.
Very disappointing for Sony customers…and very good news for Panasonic and Olympus market shares!
– Body price under 1000 USD
– 18-200mm Lens about 900-1000 USD (very expensive but similar price of 14-140mm Panasonic)
– 16mm f/2.8 (confirmed)
– Mirrorless cameras do have in LENS Super SteadyShot!