Reminder: This is a rumor site. We are not affiliated with Olympus or Panasonic. If you want to read REAL and 100% certain news visit their official website!
According to our sources Panasonic will soon launch the new Panasonic LX3 successor. Not only that, also the Panasonic G series will be updated. Expect an official announcement right in time for the upcoming PMA event (February 21-23)
We do not have any other certain details. We will publish more infos as soon as we receive some reliable infos from our sources. We also don’t know now if the Panasonic G1 or also the Panasonic GH1 will be updated (or both?).
What do we mean with “FT5″ ?
The rumor has been qualified as a “FT5″ rumor. This means that it comes from our best sources (There is a 90% chance to see the rumor come true). As you know we are very reliable with our “FT5″ rumors and only few times we were completely wrong (And again sorry for that, but we learned from our mistakes!).
Who is 43rumors?
One year ago a couple of friends has chosen to break the Canon/Nikon rumors and news dominance on the world wide web. We all have families and a real job. We don’t get paid by companies. We are free to talk about whatever we want. Our boss is you! You as 43rumors reader!
That’s why we sometimes remind you that we need your support to cover the server costs and to help us to take some time off from our real job. No! We don’t want money from you! We have a better idea:
1) When you buy your stuff like cameras or even CD’s and books, just use one of our shop links on our website (for example you can click on the shop logo on the right sidebar). Once you buy something we get a small commission for it and you don’t pay a single penny more!
4) If you regularly buy on Amazon, you can help us by bookmarking our Amazon links.
5) Follow our partnerwebsite SonyAlphaRumors. We are helping each other by sharing our rumor sources. And if you are interested in Sony stuff, I can tell you… they have some hot news coming…
6) And finally send us your news, rumors and improvement suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 43rumors guys
According to our friends from photorumors.com Olympus has scheduled a press release event on February 2nd
That’s what they wrote:
- “SP 600 and SP 800. The SP800 will have a 30x zoom and li-ion battery. It will look a lot like the Nikon P90 (see current Olympus SP series here
- Olympus is also announcing two new “Tough” models: Stylus Tough-6020 (replacement of the previous 6000 model) and Stylus Tough-8010 (replacement of the previous 8000 model). They will have HD-movie mode and SD card support. The 8010 will come with 5x zoom. Those models should look exactly like the current Stylus Tough models.
- Olympus will also announce many new accessories for these cameras: floating strap, silicone case, etc.”
A very old Panasonic G1 review from cameralabs!
Focus Numerique made a Olympus E-P2 autofocus noise test (read the google english translation)
Tyson Robichaud and his obsession with the Panasonic GF1
The Olympus E-P2 + external microphone adapter EMA-1 pictures (letsgodigital)
Adorama: Panasonic GF1+20mm lens in Stock for $999
Support our website! When you click on those links it doesn’t matter what you buy (book, CD’s or electronic items) we get a small commission for it and you don’t pay any penny more! Thanks
US shops: Amazon US / BHphoto / Adorama / J&R / Calumet Photographic for digital cameras /