OpenPN got in touch with Olympus France and they confirmed that:
– By end of 2013, Olympus will unveil a new camera that will fully exploit the exceptional performance of optical 4/3.
– This new camera will have the most advanced digital technology on the market.
– Olympus will continue to expand its range optical mount Micro 4/3.
When Olympus says “most advanced technology” than this is what I hope they are talking about:
– Use of a new 3 layer sensor like (and better) the Sigma Foveon (The new DP series is amazing at Low ISO). And Sony patented many sensors with similar tech.
– hybrid Optical and electronic viewfinder tech.
– Full electronic shutter (no shutter delay, no noise).
Ok, that’s just my personal wishlist and I guess I am asking too much 🙂
Reminder: The upcoming CES announcements will not bring us any new MFT camera, just a bunch of new compact cameras. I expect new MFT camera and lenses to be annoucned by end of January!