The new Panasonic GH2 firmware 1.1 has been released. You can download it here: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh2.html. (The Installation How-to is available here: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index.html). The real HIghlight is the new 1080p25 24Mbp recording feature.
These are alle the new features and improvements:
- Added a video mode [HIGH BIT RATE] which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate(24Mbps).
- Added a function [POWER ZOOM LENS] when using power zoom lens.
([DISP FOCAL LENGTH], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED], [ZOOM RING]*)
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting.
- Improved in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket.
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting.
- [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording.
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash.
- Improved in the AF performance in video recording.
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME].
- Added a function [HALF PRESS RELEASE].
- Improved NR (Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting.
- Added a function [TOUCH SCREEN] which is ON/OFF control of touch-screen.
The Panasonic GH2 got some discounts in USA and Europe. So if you don’t want to wait for the GH3 here are the direct search links to check the current price and deals: Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay.