– It was a real pleasure shooting with this camera, wide lenses and pre-production aside. The low light was really good, not full frame DSLR amazing but MILES better than my GH1. User friendly. Great exposure assistants like waveform and zebras. Two features to help you focus. Proper sound. Minimal rolling shutter but best of all. I could not see ANY moire or aliasing in things that would show up with my DSLRs normally…this is a big deal.
– I did a few rolling shutter tests with it. Yes, skew is still present but pretty minimal with this lens.
– The lowest ISO is 200, the highest is 3200 which of course has noise but is pretty damn good. Not 5Dmk2 good but better than the 7D for sure
– The waveform/ vectorscopes are fantastic, 100 times better than what the histogram on the Canon DSLRs.
– The thing that REALLY excited me was the overcrank mode. I could record 1080p 25p at 50FPS or 60FPS in 24p mode!! Being able to shoot full HD overcranked to 50FPS or 60 and the ability to record high quality audio in camera has totally sold me on this camera.
– Downsides, UK price…ugly, menus a bit fiddly (but this may improve with the production version), sensor size being micro four thirds means most of your 35mm lens are a bit telephoto.
– Ergonomics…it’s awkward handheld. More so than the other cameras of this size due to still lenses being used. It needs a handheld rig.
– Panasonic urgently need to bring out some fast wide lenses. it’s the single biggest issues with the camera
– Will I buy this camera the moment it comes out? Bloody right.
You can preorder the AG-AF100 at BHphoto (Click here)
P.S.: Did you listen Pana? We need some fast wide lenses ;)