GX7 patent image colored by Dicahub.
Next month Panasonic will finally show us the real new Panasonic GX7 camera. It’s time to make a roundup of the specs and images and ask you guys if you actually like the new cameras.
1) The camera design goal was to take inspiration from the superbly designed Four Thirds L1 camera (here on eBay).
2) The Sensor is a new 18 megapixel Bayer sensor. I am 100% sure this doens’t have the new organic tech devloped by Fuji-Panasonic. It’s still a long time to go before you wills ee that tech in a MFT camera
3) It is the first Panasonic camera with in body stabilization. it is not as advanced as the Olympus 5 axis stabilization. This is a “normal” 2 axis IS.
4) Pop up flash and titlable built-in EVF. There is still no info about the EVF resolution but an anonymous source told me it’s not the same GH3 viewfinder (FT2 for now).
5) It also has a tilting LCD (resolution unknown).
Now assuming specs and design presneted in this post are correct:
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
I am still (very busy) working on the next bunch of GX and OMD rumors. I got a small detail from a source about the name of the new Panasonic camera. It is the “Panasonic DMC-GX7“. The rumors till has not been confirmed by my trusted sources but I “believe” it’s the correct final name. Bloggers and forum owners and ebay sellers can now start to create their GX7 forums. Meantime I made a GX7 group on Facebook and a Google+ page :)
All specs got confirmed, the camera is bigger than previous models and design reminds the Four Thirds L1 camera (here on eBay). It has a new 18MP sensor but I don’t yet if that is multiaspect or the new color splitter sensor. It has the built-in image stabilization which is not the same and not as advanced as the one from Olympus. It has a built-in viewfinder that you can tilt up.
I found it quite funny that a terrific good source told me that Panasonic made the camera for me :) Thanks you Panasonic engineers!