UPDATE: This is not a fools day joke!
One month ago we received a rumor from one single source saying that Fuji has choosen to not join MicroFourThirds. Now photorumors received a new rumor which seems to confirm the rumor I had.
Fujifilm Japan will cease production of F200EXR in May 2010. Also, a new S-Pro series professional camera is currently in planning:
* Not a Micro Four Thirds camera
* Using a 12-Megapixel APS-C SuperCCD EXR Pro sensor
* Possibly incorporating either M-mount (Leica) or F-mount (Nikon)
* Extended 1000% wide dynamic range
* Full HD photos and video with HDMI connection
* Built-in Dual IS image stabilization
* ISO 12,8000″
During the past month I received some rumors about Fuji. I didn’t write you anything because it is not clear what’s happening with Fuji. My “feeling” is that Fuji will play a role together with Olympus sooner or later…