The Olympus 40-150mm PRO zoom lens that will be announced tomorrow will be the best Olympus zoom lens ever made (Source: Digicameinfo). The Optical performance is said to exceed those of the best Four Thirds zoom like the Olympus 35-100mm f/2.0. These are the google translated 40-150mm PRO specs:
ED40-150mm F2.8 PRO
– Optical performance that exceeds the SHG Four Thirds
– The use Super ED lens, ED lens, HD lens, the lens EDA
– ZERO coating
– Powerful dust and water performance
– Equipped with an evolved version of the MSC “DUAL VCM focus system”
– AF motor, use a linear motor of two
– Focusing floating method
– Minimum focusing distance 70cm throughout the entire zoom range
– Manual focus clutch mechanism
– Equipped with function button “L-Fn”. Can be assigned various functions such as AF stop
– Exclusive hood that can slide storage is included.
1.4x Teleconverter MC-14
– As “ED40-150mm F2.8 PRO”, “ED300mm F4 PRO” dedicated
– Thin 14.7mm
– The barrel is made of metal
– Lens configuration (one HR lens) six three groups
– Dust and water resistance to low temperature
Announcement tomorrow (Monday Sept 15) at 9:00 Photokina-Köln time! Panasonic announcement will be at 14:00!
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at email@example.com (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct