UPDATE: You can now preorder the Panasonic LX5 on Amazon
P.S.: The Panasonic G2 has also been leaked on the panasonic website in February :)
What we know for certain is that the LX5 will be announced on July 21!
Main differences between the LX5 and the older LX3:
– The LX5 has 3.8x zoom 24-90mm (the LX3 has 2.5x and ends with 60mm)
– LX5 wit 80 to 12800 ISO (the LX3 80 to 3200)
– It records in HD 60p (sensor output is 30p) AVCHDlite
– Veyr hot-> There will be also optional electronic and optical viewfinder!
To make our site grow and become better we need your little help:
1) Send us rumors and news
When you find interesting news-rumors-reviews that we didn’t post help us and send us the link to email@example.com.
We can keep you anonymous of course. If you want to feel safe when sending rumors you can also use the contact form on the right sidebar. It doesn’t store your IP-address and you can avoid to give me your name and email.
2) Link to us
Many websites do copy rumor/news without linking to us. I already saw 3-4 website which do claim that a certain rumor is from their sources but in fact they are “stealing” the rumor from 43Rumors. So please link to us :)
3) Help us to cover our server costs
Every mount we have a small ammount of server costs to cover. We do not ask you for donations. The best way to help us is by using our links to amazon-adorama or bhphoto (or redcoon-pixmania if you are located in Europe) when you do shopping. Once you click on them and buy something (it doesn’t matter what) we get a small commission for it and you do not pay any penny more!
If you often shop in Amazon US or BHphoto you can bookmark following link:
When you click on the link to shop you know you will support us :)
If you are from other countries just click on the shop logo you see on the right sidebar. Those are all our affiliates
With all those rumors I don’t want my readers to get lost :)
It’s time for a brief rumors summary! The following roadmap is made based on rumors from good sources (and hopefully no mistakes that time):
– July 21 Panasonic LX5, FX700, FZ100 (and probably more compacts) -> Keep an eye on the new LX5 sensor and the FZ100 video quality!
– July 28 The first Panasonic 3D videocamera will be released?
– Late August-early September Panasonic GH2, a second very compact MFT camera (a very special camera that many will like!) , new MFT lenses (14mm f/2.5, 100-300mm and more?) and the MFT camcorder.
– Mid September FourThirds camera (with special mount), new PEN (built-in EVF), many new MFT lenses (more about that in next posts)
Other interesting rumors/speculations:
– Early September Sigma and Tamron MFT lenses?
And there could be more cameras and lenses! So follow 43rumors and share your news/rumors via firstname.lastname@example.org
One more thing: If all works fine a new mirrorless website will go online next week…stay tuned!
Normally I wouldn’t post that “rumor” but I received many emails about the zol.com E-5 leak (It is exaggerated to call it “leak”). The Zol.com website is known for their unreliable “leaks” (they leaked the NEX specs). They usually use current rumors (and the NEX specs were almost correct because they used a correct SonyAlphaRumors leak). So be warned!