Several days ago I received the following E-P3 rumor. I didn’t post it because I wanted to check it with my other sources. But I just saw that photorumors posted the same rumor. Please keep in mind that this is not a rumor from one of my reliable sources. Message for the anonymous sender. Can you contact me using a fake email account? Thanks! :) Message to all our anonymous sources. Don’t expect me to post your rumor right after I received it. I always try to double check rumors as you can imagine not all rumors I do receive are correct.
Here the original mail I received days ago:
“Olympus EP3 major upgrade with emphasis on classic 4/3 compatibility:
• 16MP sensor, supports 1080 video and up to ISO 6400, 12800 extension (same Panasonic GH2 sensor)
• Articulated LCD, 3″ and 920K.
• No built-in flash or EVF, but there are connectors for optional ones.
• Considerable improvements in AF. A headline feature is a new dual AF (CDAF+ PDAF). The PDAF aids CDAF to decide the right focus distance reducing the typical CDAF trial-and-error, particularly helpful for AF of heavy classic 4/3 lenses, (it works MUCH BETTER than any m4/3 body with legacy 4/3 lenses, excellent w m4/3 lenses).
• A special accessory unit comprising a hand grip + 4/3 lens adapter. The unit covers the whole front panel and almost transforms the EP3 to a classic 4/3 camera when attached.
• Expected next November/December for the Christmas season, price TBA.”
Please contact me if you know more! Thanks!
UPDATE: A user on Dpreview forum got an answer from Olympus regarding the E-P3 rumor and said that “the rumour is pure fiction but there are many things happening next year.”
Reminder -> Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct