It has been a busy week. it’s time to make a rumors summary before we start to post new rumors.
1) Olympus will have a press release on February 2nd. And they will probably unveil new compact cameras. We know that Olympus will also at least release two new FourThirds cameras during the next weeks but we don’t know if they will announce them on the same press release. The E-620 successor and the E-3 (and E-30?) successor. The E-620 should use a new generation Panasonic sensor and be announced in February. The E-3 successor should also use “some kind of new sensor”. Available in March and maybe announcement at PMA (late February).
The crazy rumor we received says the E-5 (or whatever the name will be) will have a new type of mount!
2) Panasonic will launch a new Lumix camera on January 31?. Very likely a MicroFourThirds camera (G1 successor?). Also the new Panasonic ZS-7 and TS2 cameras should be unveiled. We also heard that the LX3 successor could be unveiled but I really hope our sources didn’t make the mistake to believe the ZS-7 is the LX3 successor. We will know it soon…
3) Olympus will announce a new MicroFourThirds camera in May-June
4) Panasonic and Olympus will both soon launch the new MicroFourThirds lenses.
– Olympus 9-18/4.0-5.6 (February-March 2010)
– Olympus 14-150/4.0-5.6 (May-June 2010)
– Olympus 40-150 lens (February-March 2010)
– Panasonic Lumix G Vario f/4.0-5.6 100-300 mm (February-March 2010?)
– Panasonic Lumix 14mm pancake lens (February-March 2010?)
– Panasonic Lumix G 8mm Fish-Eye APSH f/3.5
5) Samyang will release two new FourThirds lenses in March. The 85mm f/1.4 and 8mm f/3.5 fisheye!
6) And here the new BIG question: What’s going on with Fuji? Are they going to announce their MFT camera soon?