We just recieved following information:
“Due to the excessive cost of production, looks like the final production of the E-P2 will only see two colors instead of the earlier three :
Rest of the world : Black
Japan only : Silver/Brown
Also, first shipment will be released from the warehouse for Asia on 25th November. ”
You are browsing the archive for Rumors.
Since days I am talking with my best sources over Olympus and Panasonic future. In summary that’s what they are telling me. And all this points are FT4!
1. M43 will not take over FourThirds at all – both will stay side by side and be co-developed
2. M43 will produce two types of camera models – one for easy users and the other for serious users
3. Next year will prove to be just as exciting for Olympus and followers as this year has been – plenty to be cheery about
4. New generation of hardware coming starting with processor, colour array technology, sensor etc.
What about Panasonic?
1. Panasonic will release more lenses than the three they have announced.
2. Panasonic wants to improve the video capabilities of their cameras.
3. New sensor generation will be implemented in future cameras.
Zone-10 is starting the rumor game for 2010
“By moving up the E-P2, this creates space for the model that I am projecting to come in the next few months. This projected model is not styled like the E-P1 or E-P2 but will be more “modern” in shape with a plastic body similar to that of a slightly downsized E-330. The recent financial reports coming out of Olympus indicate several new models of Micro FourThirds and FourThirds cameras coming out in the next few months. In fact, if history and financial disclosures are any indication, I am expecting a wholesale upgrade of ALL existing models in FourThirds. I am still expecting the next rash of cameras to have a higher pixel-count, possibly as high as 14.7MP.”
Is that a Zone-10 speculation or do they know something we don’t know?