Olympus Manager Watanabe already said that there will be two zoom lenses. From a marketing point of view this isn’t a good move from Olympus. The is gaining a lot of popularity and they would sell a lot of lenses it they were ready yet! (The would be popular too …if the camera would be available!)
You are browsing the archive for Rumors.
One month ago a new sources sent me the specs of the LX4(5). I choose to wait for some confirmation from trusted sources. Then a very known sources said that a LX4 camera could be unveiled very soon. For us this has been a good reason to post the LX4(5) rumor with FT4 value (from known source).
Yesterday another very reliable source told us that he do not believe the LX4(5) could be released soon. We discussed this with the other known LX4 rumor source and he admitted that may he made a mistake making an interpretation of some “signs” (Sorry I can’t tell you what exactly this signs are). Now he believes the camera released in August could be the LX4-5 OR the MFT!
The good thing is that this rumor created a reaction from other sources and now we have some more infos
Anyway that doesn’t mean that the LX4-5 isn’t coming! The specs we gave you are still a valid rumor but simply not confirmed or denied by our trusted sources. So the LX4 rumor value has changed from FT4 (known source) to FT2 (new source).
Now the good news. This is the only thing we have to change because 2 BIG sources do confirm that Panasonic will soon announce new products. 3 BIG source know that Panasonic is working on a compact MFT model. They do not know when Panasonic will announce the camera but the IFA in Berlin could be a very good chance for it (may for a MFT pre-announce?).
Errare humanem est!
UPDATE: For today only amazon.com has a special deal on Olympus Stylus cameras!
Especially the Olympus SP-590UZ ($349.00) has a nice -$50 price drop.
Amazon.com has some E-P1 related products in stock:
UPDATE: For germans, amazon has some nice Olympus DSLR deals! Look for the E-420 or E-520…
We receive many mails from people saying that they “know” something. In the past we were able to classify our Olympus sources and now we know how to deal with this sources. The same process is now ongoing with Panasonic rumor sources and only time will tell us who has been right with their “predictions”
In the particular case of the LX3 successor and Pansonic MFT rumors we are having some troubles.
That’s why I want to share you the pattern we have so may you can help us to understand what’s happeningÂ
We asked our sources:
1) Will Panasonic cannounce a new camera in August?
2) Is it the LX3 successor or the new compact MFT camera or something else?
Known sources answered:
1) I don’t know it. But IÂ believe they will release something.
2) It is very likely that we are NOT going to see the LX3 successor. Panasonic is working on a MFT camera but I do not know if they will announce the camera in August-September
1) I am sure Panasonic will release a camera
2) I “believe” it will be the MFT camera (At first he thought it will be the LX3 successor but he changed his mind yet!)
1) I give 80% chance that Panasonic will announce a new camera…
2) …but I am not sure if it will be the LX3 successor or the MFT camera
1) It is likely that Panasonic will announce something soon…
2) …but I believe the LX3 successor will not be released before 2010.
New sources (which I give some minimum credibility):
1) I know the next camera will be unveiled in Q3-Q4
2) It will be the LX3 successor
1) There will be only Panasonic compact cameras
2) No LX3 successor until 2010. May they will “pre-announce” the MFT camera
Fact is Panasonic always told us that the LX3 successor will not come before 2010. But as you know this doesn’t mean anything. They continuely change their roadmap (see the 20mm f/1.7 lens that has been announced in 2008 and is still not on market)
What do you think?