You are browsing the archive for Rumors.
Since days I am talking with my best sources over Olympus and Panasonic future. In summary that’s what they are telling me. And all this points are FT4!
1. M43 will not take over FourThirds at all – both will stay side by side and be co-developed
2. M43 will produce two types of camera models – one for easy users and the other for serious users
3. Next year will prove to be just as exciting for Olympus and followers as this year has been – plenty to be cheery about
4. New generation of hardware coming starting with processor, colour array technology, sensor etc.
What about Panasonic?
1. Panasonic will release more lenses than the three they have announced.
2. Panasonic wants to improve the video capabilities of their cameras.
3. New sensor generation will be implemented in future cameras.
Zone-10 is starting the rumor game for 2010
“By moving up the E-P2, this creates space for the model that I am projecting to come in the next few months. This projected model is not styled like the E-P1 or E-P2 but will be more “modern” in shape with a plastic body similar to that of a slightly downsized E-330. The recent financial reports coming out of Olympus indicate several new models of Micro FourThirds and FourThirds cameras coming out in the next few months. In fact, if history and financial disclosures are any indication, I am expecting a wholesale upgrade of ALL existing models in FourThirds. I am still expecting the next rash of cameras to have a higher pixel-count, possibly as high as 14.7MP.”
Is that a Zone-10 speculation or do they know something we don’t know?
One of our 43rumors friends “D.B.” contacted the Samyang Assistant Manager and asked him:
“Good Day .
i am interesting in Samyang Lens : 8mm fisheye
I know that you produce this lens for varius mounts – but Four Thirds mount ( Olympus and Panasonic DSLR ) is not among them
Do you have plans to produce this 8mm lens in Four Thirds mount ?
Do you plan to produce any other of your lenses ( like 85mm/1.4 ) for Four Thirds mount ?
Since this question is interesting to many Olympus and Panasonic DSLR users i will post your answer on Forums ( with your permissions )
thank you . ”
The answer is:
Thank you for your email today.
We do not have any plan to produce 85mm or 8mm fisheye lens for Four Thirds mount.
We share same optical part on 4 different mount types such as Canon, Nikon, Sony and Pentax. The size of their image sensors are almost same but 4/3 image sensor is smaller than others. It makes more narrow angle of view and less fisheye effect on 4/3 camera.
It is possible to make 4/3 mount but due to the above reason, we do not make one for 4/3.