You are browsing the archive for Rumors.
The Panasonic GF2 has been finally announced! Click here to read all news and reviews: http://www.43rumors.com/panasonic-gf2-officially-announced-continually-updated/. You can see the camera specs at Amazon and BHphoto.
IS THAT THE PANSONIC GF2 (or GF3)???
We found a very interesting new Panasonic patent which displays a Panasonic GF1 similar camera with Built-In EVF. Finally a rangefinder styled MicroFourThirds camera!!!
If something is patented it doesn’t mean that it will certainly become real. Anyway in that case we also have our sources confirming that Panasonic is working on a Panasonic GF1 version with with built-in EVF!
The EVF is able to selectively display both moving pictures and still pictures.
The EVF “could” be OLED
Here some interesting parts of the patent:
– “There has always been a great need for interchangeable lens digital cameras to be made more compact.”
– “However, if an electronic viewfinder is disposed where a conventional optical viewfinder function component used to be disposed, there needs to be the same amount of space above the body mount as when a pentaprism or the like is disposed, and the various parts cannot be disposed efficiently, which hampers efforts at making the camera body smaller.
The technology disclosed here is intended to reduce the size of a camera body.”
– “With this camera body, the electronic viewfinder is disposed beside the body mount. That is, the electronic viewfinder is disposed so that it is not above the body mount, which is relatively large in the up and down direction. Also, the electronic viewfinder is disposed above the shutter drive device, which is relatively small in the up and down direction. This allows the various parts to be disposed more efficiently, so the camera body can be more compact..”
– “The EVF 180 is able to selectively display both moving pictures and still pictures.”
– “The viewfinder image display unit is a device that displays images, and in addition to a liquid crystal monitor, it can be an organic electroluminescence device, an inorganic electroluminescence device, a plasma display panel, or another such device.”
– “The EVF 180 is connected by a rotary shaft 184 so as to be rotatable with respect to the camera body 1. By rotating around the rotary shaft 184, the EVF 180 can assume a state other than the eye level position (first disposition). ”
Support our website! When you click on those links it doesn’t matter what you buy (book, CD’s or electronic items) we get a small commission for it and you don’t pay any penny more! Thanks
US shops: Amazon US / BHphoto / Adorama / J&R / Calumet Photographic for digital cameras /
Just found something amazing!
Keep following us ok? I am working the article right now and it will take some time. Be patient
UPDATE -> Rumor published here: http://43rumors.com/panasonic-gf2/
DxO Optics pro is a very known software. If you visit that part of the website and select a camera body you will find the Olympus E-460 as option. That camera doesn’t exist in the real (known) world! Could be a mistake so don’t get excited. Anyway I would like to see an updated verison of the actual tiny Olympus E-450. At least that would give FourThirds user the proof that Olympus is still taking care of non-MicroFourThirds customers.
“Olympus approached me and gave me all these equipment to use it for a few months.
to answer your question, the lenses really got my attention, also the rep. mentioned a better camera will be announced in Photokina 2010
I like the realistic skin tones on the Olympus so far vs Nikon”