UPDATE: It is not true that the E-5 will use a new 12MPX sensor.
We just learned that the E-5 uses the same Panasonic 12 Megapixel sensor used for the PEN. Olympus preferred that sensor over the new Panasonic 16 Megapixel sensor (I guess we are talking about the GH2 sensor).
The E-5 should be available in October and be a little cheaper than the Olympus E-3 was when launched in October 2007 ($1699).
We are not sure yet if other Olympus products will be announced after the E-5 (which will be unveiled on September 14).
Reminder -> The E-5 specs:
– Weather-proof (Magnesium) body
– 12.1Megapixel sensor (The same Olympus PEN sensor!)
– ISO 100 – 6400 in 1/3 or 1 EV steps
– AVI Motion JPEG(30fps) HD (720)
– it can take a picture with sound.
– mono mic with stereo external microphone input
– 3 inch LCD with 920.000 dots resolution
– 11 points full-twin cross AF sensor (phase-difference detection system)
– 11 area multiple AF (contrast detection system)
– CF and SD dual slot
– Built-in wireless flash