Lenstip posted the full Leica 8-18mm lens review:
It is a solid device, with good aperture fastness, physically small and handy, allowing you to use filters with a normal diameter. It is also characterized by an excellent image quality in the frame centre and a very good correction of the majority of optical aberrations. If only the image quality on the edge was a bit better and the price a tad lower, you would have an ideal instrument.
- Solid, metal casing,
- Excellent image quality in the frame centre at all focal lengths,
- Imperceptible longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- Slight lateral chromatic aberration,
- Lack of problems with spherical aberration,
- Properly corrected coma,
- Lower vignetting than in the case of the majority of rivals,
- Silent, very fast, and efficient autofocus.
- Very high distortion level for RAW files,
- Image on the edge of the frame at longer focal lengths could have been better.