Lightsnow (Click here) developed two(!) custom E-M1 firmware updates:
“The main feature of this release is, that is a bigger part of the sensor for the 1080p videos. This means that a resolution similar to 4k is read by the sensor and then downscaled to 1080p. You gain a lot of nice things like:
- The Auto Focus in videos should be smoother.
- Full Sensor read in video mode. No crop.
- Better ISO performance in low light video situations
- More Dynamic Range in video
- This firmware is based on the official version 2.0.”
Of course you have to be aware that this is nto an official firmware from Olympus. It’s your choice to take the risk or not. Lightsnow also promised to add soon 4K recording to the E-M1:
“Next up would be a higher framerate, higher bitrate and of cause the 4k feature itself.”
Sounds exciting…if it works!!!
Silver E-M1 preorder links
Silver E-M1 body at Amazon, Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus. In Europe at Wex UK.
40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens at Amazon, Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus. In Europe at Wex UK.