You are browsing the archive for news.
Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 Pro review
Olympus Stylus SH-2 Review (ePhotozine).
panasonic gx8 : première vague de mises à jour pour les optiques (Lemondedelaphoto).
Sind Objektivadapter ein sinnvolles Zubehör oder doch nur ein Notbehelf? (Abenteuerdslrfotografie).
New Ulysses case for the E-M5II (DC.watch).
Florian: “it is not a rumor, but rather the report of an incredible experience of customer friendliness of Panasonic: Since I destroyed my old GH1 just before our holiday, they loaned a GX8 to me. I have been using it for two weeks in the Swiss mountains and have started posting some of my experiences and photographs here (more will follow): http://www.blog.floriansphotos.com/search/label/GX8%20adventure”
Aaron: “Not a rumor, but a color enhancing tip for the GH4. I shot this with Portrait Profile and added and Arri Alexa SL LUT in Premiere CC. I immediately noticed how the colors were brought to life in a more realistic palette. https://vimeo.com/135872969“
Olympus Russia posted that image of an OMD camera. They say there is a “secret code” to activate some additional info about the camera. UPDATE. Here is the procedure to display that info:
1. With a charged battery installed hold down the MENU button while switching on the camera.
2. When the LCD lights release the MENU button and immediately press it again, once.
3. In the menu go to SPANNER (line 5) and press RIGHT.
4. Press DOWN until you are at the LCD brightness screen (line 3).
5. Enter the brightness screen (shows twin adjusters) by pressing RIGHT and then press INFO and OK sequentially.
6. You will see on the LCD ‘OLYMPUS’ followed by the designation of your camera (eg E-P1).
7. Press in sequence UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SHUTTER and UP for screen 1.
8. You are now in the hidden information screens: RIGHT = screen 2, DOWN = screen 3, LEFT = screen 4.
9. When you have your information simply switch off the camera.
This is the info you get:
I believe these number sequences are relating to the various firmware versions of the different controller boards in the camera and for further information please look at the same section for E-System cameras above.
•R: Shutter RELEASES (number of)
•S: FLASH fires (number of)
•U: USF (Ultra Sonic Filter) number of times it is driven by user and by automatic control of the camera is counted.
•B: Number of shots taken with IBIS switched ‘ON’ (Confirmed by Guy Parsons).
•CS: Serial Number; this should match the serial number on the bottom of the camera body.
•MCS: Main CPU Serial Number, Model No, Year and Month of manufacture.
•CSD: (From E-PL1 onwards) Relevance unknown.
Found by Dave on Biofos.
Metabones Speedbooster 4k Video test – GH4 + Zeiss 85mm (Matt Granger).
Sky News cameraman Andy Portch reviews a year shooting news with the Panasonic GH4 (Newsshooter).
40-150mm f/2.8 Pro lens review at Samudranil.
Panasonic Lumix FZ330 FZ300 Sample Photos (ePhotozine).
Olympus 45mm lens review at Toolsandtoys.
GX8 image samples at Mapcamera.
Dario Viola: “https://vimeo.com/118917359 Panasonic GX7”
P13: “A music video using the GH4 with the SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 & Olympus 45mm F1.8 by @CLBeatsHD https://t.co/Zx3B1Z90qL“