Image courtesy: PersonalView.
BestMirrorlessCameraReviews interviewed MR Terada, Mr Fandrey, Mr. Guthmann and Mrs Beckmann from Olympus. These are some of the key info we got from them:
1) The OM-D line is somehow easier to promote than the PEN line.
2) According to research, many people are using smartphones. Some are interested in interchangeable lens cameras, not compact cameras, because they already have a compact camera in their smartphone.
3) Olympus recognizes that photographers nowadays are also interested in video capabilities. Terada said: “Maybe 4K or new technology is something that stimulates our photographic users, and we should follow the market I think.”
4) At this moment Olympus has no plan to make a LX100 alike camera.
5) 300mm f/4 and the 7-14mm f/2.8 are coming in 2015. And so new OMD and PEN cameras.
Silver E-M1 body at Amazon, Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus. In Europe at Wex UK.
40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens at Amazon, Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus. In Europe at Wex UK, Topshot and Fotomundus.
LH-76 lens hood at Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus.
MC-14 1.4x teleconverter at Amazon, Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus.
PRF-ZD62 Z protection filter at Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus.
PRF-ZD72 Z protection filter at Adorama, Bhphoto, GetOlympus.
General links to all new Olympus stuff at Adorama.
ALL new stuff announced at Photokina at Amazon.