ALong the new PEN’s also the XZ-2 will be announced soon. Amazon is trying to get rid of the XZ-1 by offering a lightning deal (Click here). I have no info about the XZ-2 specs yet. I hope it is closer to the Sony RX100 than it is to the Panasonic LX7.
You are browsing the archive for deals.
Rumors are getting stronger and the GX2 should arrive in November. So it’s not a surprise to see the third good GX1 deal in one month. The Black body with 14-42mm lens is now for sale at $499 at Amazon (Click here). But the leader of the Amazon ranking (here to see the list) is the E-Pl1 that sells for $259 again at Amazon. Another good price is the E-PL2 with same lens for $349.
E-Pm, E-PL and GH3 are coming at Photokina in September, the GX1 maybe two months after. Those deals may not be related to it but it’s nice that we can buy a m43 camera for a price that is very low.
P.S.: For the first time in Stock at Adorama the 12-35mm X lens.
Image courtesy: DSLRmagazine.
USA and Canadian readers can enjoy the next new Olympus deal. If you buy the E-M5 you can save $150 on every m43 lens you buy with it. You can buy up to three lenses and save $450 in total! To download the pdf go on Amazon (Click here) and than click on “get forms” and than when the pop up opens click on “Olympus Rebate Form” to download the pdf. A link to the E-M5 at Amazon is here. You can do the same on BHphoto (Click here) but there seems to be an issue when you try to download the pdf.
Meantime the Los Angeles Time published an article about the E-M5: “The Olympus OM-D E-5 with its retro look, is a great choice for someone moving up from a compact point-and-shoot who wants the feel of a full-size DSLR, but doesn’t want the size or weight. ”
There is the official CS-36FBC Olympus case. A leather half case from Hong Kong. A full leather case with strap from Cina. Than we have half cases from two well known producers, Zelenpol, Kaza and Gariz.
E-M5 Batteries, and other things:
The Olympus GS-4 strap and the DSTE E-M5 batteries you have to use with an extra charger. There is an E-M5 car charger a new E-M5 LCD screen and a Front Cover+ Top Panel.
Sometimes readers send me some link to eBay crazy auctions. here are two of them:
1) Jjeing modified the Rodenstock Heligon 50mm f/1.0 you see here on top to make it fit without adapter on your Micro Four Thirds camera. Price? $549 (Click here to see the auction).
2) We all like the E-m5 but for 10.000 Euro I would buy a Leica instead ….Click here to see the crazy auction!
3) The glorious GF1 camera can still be bought in new condition. But you still have to pay over $1000 for it! Click here to see the auction!
4) The absolute speed winner is that Leitz f/0.75(!) lens…Click here to see the auction price.
5) Sooner or later Panasonic will have to make a m43 version of the L1 camera. You can still find them in almost new condition: Click here to see the auction price.
remidner: Intelligent eBay search for m43 stuff at mirrorless-deals.com.