The very well informed Amateur Photographer website (Click here) noticed that “high-end digital SLRs threatens to raise street prices in the coming weeks as UK dealers struggle to meet demand after last month’s Japanese earthquake.”
Also our sources told us that product shortage is expected for all Japanese camera producer (Including Panasonic and Olympus). The worst “rumor” I received told me that there will be supply problems for the next 6 months! If you noticed a price increase on Panasonic/Olympus products drop me a message at email@example.com. The only thing I have seen is that in US there were almost no price drops or deals on any Micro Four Thirds product during the last 3 weeks and also the Panasonic GH2 is out of Stock again (Check Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay). That’s pretty unusual.
The only real good deal is the GH1 kit offer. It’s ongong since a few weeks and will last until the last GH1 has been sold:
1) Panasonic GH1 with 14mm lens for $699 at Amazon (Click here). The lens alone costs $364. and if you would buy it separately with the GH1 it would cost you a total of $764. With that deal you save $64!
2) Panasonic GH1 with 20mm lens for $699 at Amazon (Click here). The lens alone costs $399. You save $99!
3) Panasonic GH1 with 45-200mm lens for $649 at Amazon (Click here). The lens alone costs $349. You save $100!
4) Panasonic GH1 with 14-45mm lens for $649 at Amazon (Click here). The lens alone costs $359. You save $90!
5) Panasonic GH1 with 14-42mm lens for $499 at Amazon (Click here). The lens alone costs $199. You save $100!
P.S.: There were a few dollar price drops on the Panasonic 100-300mm lens which is now in Stock for $525 at Amazon (Click here).