US readers can finally also preorder the Silver Panasonic LX100 at BHphoto (Click here). Expected availability is November 25. The Black version is expected to ship earlier (begin of November). Preorders are now also available for both versions in Germany at Wexcameras.de.
Never Prod posted first videos showing the video quality of the “hacked” E-M1. There is also a first 4K sensor read 4:4:4, internal encoding MOV 1920×1080 4:2:0
ISO 3200 E-M1 video:
I want to stress that I am not responsible for this project and that I cannot recommend you to install the hacked firmware because you really have to be aware of the risks if you do so.
UPDATE: A couple of readers who tested the firmware said this is not working as told by Never Prod. meaning there is no improvement at all. So there is no evidence yet the project is…”serious”.
Panasonic (Click here) officially released the new GH4 firmware upgrade! This is the list of the improvements:
- [4K PHOTO] mode is added which records 4K video exclusively for capturing a frame to save as a photo.
-Rec Format : MP4-Rec Quality : 4K/30p/100Mbps
- Settings can be adjusted as below when entering this mode.
(System Frequency 59.94Hz)
(System Frequency 50.00Hz)-Luminance Level:0-255
- In addition to 16:9 aspect, 4:3/3:2/1:1 can be selected.
- Exif information is embedded to the captured image from the 4K video.
- Marking function is available enables marker setting on the designated point while recording video and users can jump to the markers when playing back the video to capture the frame they want.
- Loop Recording function is added, with which the camera keeps on recording video while deleting the old footage automatically.
- 4K/23.98p/100Mbps mode is added in MP4 video recording.
- The upper limit of the ISO sensitivity can be set in the menu of ISO sensitivity setting and emission amount of flash light can be adjusted in the menu of exposure compensation.
- Focusing performance of 1-area AF in video recording is improved.
- Tracking performance of tracking AF when used with the interchangeable lens H-FS14140 is improved.
- Remote shooting via USB tethering is available by using PC software “USB Tether” supplied by Promote Systems.
* For more information on Promote Systems, please visit http://www.promotesystems.com/
Ther eis also a special pfd file you can download with a very detailed descirption of the new features: https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/support/en/dsc/fts/win/GH4_V20_ENG.pdf
GH4 North American store links:
GH4 camera at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto, Ritz Camera and Panasonic. Price: $1,698. In Canada at Vistek.
GH4 camera with interface unit at Adorama and BHphoto. Price: $3,298
Interface unit only at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto and Panasonic. Price: $1,998
GH4 Europen store links:
Germany: Wexcameras, Marcotec-shop.de.
UK at Wexphotographic, CameraWorld, UKdigital, CVP, TipTop.
Holland at Fotohanskeuzekamp.
Belgium at Fotokonijnenberg.
Norway at Fotovideo.
Sweden at Cyberphoto, Skandinavianphoto.
Finland at Telefoto, Topshot, Verkkoauppa.
France at Photocineshop.
Kingston 16-32-64 GB SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 at Amazon (Click here), Adorama (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
Sandisk 16-32-64 GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-II Memory Card at Amazon (Click here), Adorama (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
Transcend 64-128 GB High Speed 10 UHS-3 at Amazon (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
Panasonic 16-32-64 GB SDHC-UHS-I U3 Card (90MB/s) at Adorama (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
The new Nokton 10,5mm f/0.95 is now listed without price info at BHphoto (Click here). I hope preorder options and pricing info will be online soon. In the meantime you can see some new image samples at Bestmirrorlesscamerareviews. Their first impression:
The 10.5mm can focus as close as 17cm. The first Nokton, the 25mm, was very soft at f/0.95 but with the following releases Voigtänder has improved the performance at the fastest aperture and the 10.5mm shows good results even at 0.95. We can detect some vignetting but it can be expected with this type of lens